Wednesday, March 5, 2014

IBook Author

So I had a plan to use iBook Author because it is a popular app. The interface is similar to keynote and rapidweaver. After looking at a few templates it became clear that to create a lesson I would be doing a lot of copy / paste type of work as well as formatting pages, chapter sections and what not. The learning curve was okay but the production time for a lesson plan was not realistic. The main drawback is that the authoring has to take place on the Mac.  I can find an online textbook that will be good enough.

One final thing to mention is that when I emailed the file to be opened on the iPad it did not work. I think the book has to be published in iBook to have access to it.  More learning involved on this one to really test it out so I passed.  The pages are pretty though.

update: If the file is small enough you can send a link to be downloaded otherwise you have to physically attach the iPad to your computer to install the book.   ~vm

No comments:

Post a Comment