Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Almost Done

Another wonderful - most awesome - class experience this past week!  A variety of lessons both on and off the computer were greatly enjoyed.  I uploaded one of the paper folding lessons and just found another similar paper folding lesson from AIMS  (that I will soon add to the Teacher2Teacher file on our Bb site).  I will make a movie of and then upload the Logo file created by Dennis.

Can I entice any other folks to present a favorite lesson or an excerpt from your master's project to our class on the 27th?  Please respond here so I can plan our last teaching night accordingly.

It looks like a contribution of $5.00 should cover the cost of the pizza and drinks for our last night, for the folks who are not making  a food dish or dessert contribution.

PS. Liz asked for any thoughts on how to teach improper fractions and mixed numbers on her blog.  

4 comments:

  1. If you would like, I could read the book we used for our Master's Project. It is called "The Greedy Triangle." We wouldn't have much to teach, but we have some cute pictures of the kids.

    Also, that same day is the day I have to take the kids to the Young Author's Conference. This year, the parents are bringing the kids, so I don't have to stay. Therefore, I will be at class but just a little late. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would like for you to share the book with us, and a little about what you did for your project if you don't mind. Have fun at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Class was really good this week. I particularly enjoyed the introduction to the smartboards. Our school is supposed to be getting them for each classroom. I tried to research them but found the info unsatisfying. I learned MUCH more from class. Thank you. I feel like I have a leg up on the others just from class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed last week's class also...a good variety of activities...and the Smartboards...wow...didn't even know they existed. Thanks for providing the opportunity to get information about them.

    ReplyDelete