Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Learning

Thank you to everyone for last night!  I was really struck by the level of cooperation that was apparent in both activities.  I learned from both watching and listening to your comments regarding the volume and surface area activity.  I found wisdom in the suggestions that were offered and am open to other insights as I revisit this project and how I will use it in the future.  I value the encouragement, to trust in the process of student learning from group work and then revisit the concepts individually for assessment purposes.

I want to thank Bill and Paula for sharing their lessons.  I learned that the perimeter will always be an even number and noticed more about patterns with this topic - cool!  I learned about integrating GSP with Powerpoint.

It looks like we will hear from Liz, Sara P, Mark P, and Dennis on Monday next.  Anyone else?

4 comments:

  1. How much time do we have? Would you like for me to just introduce the Wheel of Theodorus activity or actually have the class create the wheel. I am ok with it either way. I could do part of it on the SMARTboard if that is helpful.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about starting them on this activity as you are showing the SmartBoard. Let us know if we need any supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to share a lesson if we have time.

    Kevin Crump

    ReplyDelete