Monday, March 31, 2014

Math on Soundrop App


After watching a few Lynda videos, I learned about a fun little app called Soundrop.  This works like Pong, sort of. You draw in lines for the balls to bounce off of. Each line has a different tone that is based on position, size and maybe a few other constraints.

I decided to check out the geometry - angles of reflection and patterns - that the balls were making.  In order to modify the constraints like gravity, I purchased the app. Needless to say, middle school students might be interested to see that a line can be given a fart tone.

After drawing a line on the screen, I used some wax paper to trace the line and patterns that were made. I then formulated some conjectures. Take a look at one of my investigations in the graphic below.

No comments:

Post a Comment